Sunday 24 July 2016

Disco party and looking for catalyser


After getting back from the excursion, we had dinner and I asked about the disco party that is in the schedule. A guide told me that it will be held in the dining hall, by removing some tables and a DJ will run it.
After dinner the (kinda) DJ arrived with speakers and all the equipment. A lot of the hotel’s people helped setting everything up and some hours later the party started. Their music was not the best for the purpose. If you are running a party where people dance, you have to play music good for dancing, not gangster rap. Sadly they played too much of this kind. (by music for dancing, I do not mean waltz or tango music or similar but kinda disco music)
Everyone enjoyed it after all, as I saw, not all of it but surely something and this is the goal of such events on Olympiads I think.
I noticed a girl in the dancing crowd, who had a different badge colour than us. It turned out, that she is from the media. She is working on the Olympiad’s official daily newspaper for participants, the Catalyser.
I realized, that we did not get the today’s issue so far, just the one yesterday. I asked her about it an she told me that there was one made and she has no idea why I did not get it. After that, I asked the group of guides sitting in the corner of the dining hall. The head guide of our bus told me that it was distributed after the opening ceremony. It was on tables in some corner of the room, wherefrom we should have taken it. It seems like we had no chance to get it as the guide was making us hurry and that is too bad. I like these newspapers, as they tell stuff about the host country, the program we will have and the people having birthday on the given day. I like to collect all of them, as I did on my previous Olympiads.
The head guide told me that he will look into it. I liked that. The bad thing was, that when I told why we did not get it, explained that we were hurrying because of our guide, the guides talked all against me. They told me that it is my solely fault and I shall not blame any guide for that. And not saying this too nicely. Well, a pretty awful mentality of guides. I have never seen this kind of thing on my previous Olympiads.


No comments:

Post a Comment