Monday 20 July 2015

Arrival and Registration

Written at: July 20.  11:40 pm

Sorry that I didn't write from Istambul, we found no free wifi there.

The flight from there was comfortable, we got great food. We could chose vegeterian (pasta) or non vegetarian menu. The non vegetarian was salamon, it was delicious.
We were landing precisely at sunset, so we saw it from the plane.

When we stepped out of the plane in Heydar Aliyev Airport, we were just amazed by the temberature: it was about 25 °C, whivh is unusual for Baku.
We haven't yet had our visas that time, so we needed to fill out a form, give them to the administration and wait.
The airport looks amazing, they really did their best for the European Games.

During the waiting time, I was looking for a toilet. I only found one separated from us with a glass wall and a closed door. I went looking on the other side of the place, but I didn't find any. Finally I went back to the preveous one and fortunately the door was opened. When I was coming out, some airport-employees were explaining a woman, that she is not allowed to go through that door. I just said "excuse me" and they let me get out of there. I didn't watch back, only from the end of the corridor, luckily they didn't do anything more about this.
After getting the visa, we went through the passport checking, where all of us were let through easily, but one. He was asked detailed questions about the trip to Yerevan.

The guides were waiting for us with a bus and waited for some other teams. Finally we went to the mentor's hotel to register and get our backpacks with all the stuff. They gave us amazing things, like normal quality bags, Swarovski-edged USB-sticks and of course a T-shirt (orange) a calculator, which is not bad from the first sight, but mine is still better.

After that we went to our hotel, the Crescent Beach Hotel, had dinner and recieved our rooms. We have two rooms with two beds each.
Sadly the guides dont stay here today, maybe later. The y will come back in the morning, wake us up and we will have the Opening Ceremony.


No comments:

Post a Comment