Saturday 30 April 2016

Arrival and Metro

We just arrived to the hotel, where we spend a night before the beginning of the competition. The room is great, fancy and everything is all right. We are leaving soon to have dinner and walk a bit in the city. Oh, and the hotel is in downtown, near the Polyanka metro station.




Let's see from the beginning of today's trip. We met at Budapest Airport at 11 am, checked in and went through the security check. I was looking forward to visit the MasterCard lounge and hungry by the way. Sadly they rejected me there, I need a higher level MasterCard to go there. Too bad, I had to eat my sandwich, that I brought from home, at the airport already.

We flew with Aeroflot, the Russian Airlines. It was not a too long flight, but convinient and they gave us a small and delicous sandwich.
The airport is built together with a train station, where we went on foot and we did not have to go through another security check. I appreciated that.
The train was great, it reminded me of a German train. Mostly because of its quality and comfort. Only the view from it was not like in Germany. See the photos.



The train arrived near a metro station, where we bought 24 hour public transport cards and went on with the metro. The Moscow metro system is awesome. 11 lines, one of them is a circle, which goes around the city, connecting all the lines. So all stations are accessable from any other one with maximum 2 transfers. The stations are beautyful and big, or at least bigger than the ones in Budapest. Oh and another important detail, that the way between the stops is much longer than at home. I mean from Nyugati the next stop could be Ferenciek tere with this length of path between stations.





No comments:

Post a Comment